Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Kato sauces

Posted by Karen 
Kato sauces
January 18, 2020 09:54AM
Does anyone know who produces the Kato sauces? I would love to contact them regards one of their older sauce ranges Chemoula. I have just purchased the Zarbo one and to say I am disappointed is an understatement. If I hadn't paid so much for it I would throw it away!
Re: Kato sauces
January 18, 2020 10:25PM
If it's one of their older sauce ranges, is it within the expiry date. According to a poster in this forum (Karen), she reported back in 2017 that Kato stopped producing it. See here: [forum.foodlovers.co.nz]

If that's the case, you should return it to where you purchased it and ask for a refund. If it's a matter of you just don't like it, I don't think there's a lot you can do about it.

Incidentally, it was from the Davis range of food products.
J1
January 18, 2020 11:25PM
I was momentarily a bit confused by Karen's post too but what she means is she bought a Zarbo one, as in from the Zarbo store - I guess Zarbo must make their own Chemoula sauce - and she's found it awful compared to the Kato chemoula sauce she used to buy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2020 11:26PM by J1.
January 18, 2020 11:39PM
Keto seems to have evolved into Urban Chef. [www.fmcgbusiness.co.nz]

Not sure if this brand is still around either. This ghastly bit of copywriting will hardly have helped their chances of survival.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.