Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

chocolate truffles

Posted by Plates 
chocolate truffles
October 15, 2019 04:09AM
Is there any trick to making these a bit lighter and airy if that makes sense.

Mine always turn out denser than I would like, and wondering if it was the proprortion of chocolate to cream which is 2 parts chocolate to 1 part cream.
Re: chocolate truffles
October 15, 2019 04:54AM
I think denseness is the nature of chocolate truffles and to me the heavy velvety texture is part of the appeal.

It might be worth trying a different approach - think about a chocolate mousse with enough gelatine added to make it able to be scooped very gently into balls then very very gently rolled in cocoa or desiccated coconut then left to set.

Or if you want something really airy, make a marshmallow mixture with added cocoa and scoop it into balls as above.
October 15, 2019 07:38AM
Im definitely making truffles. Sounds stupid but they seem too dense yet I realise they are a dense food. It feels like just eating ganache opposed to something made out of ganache...probably not making any sense now.
October 15, 2019 08:24AM
Have you made them with whipped ganache?
October 15, 2019 08:41AM
No, whats whipped ganache. I have added vanilla and brandy so the flavour is okay.
October 15, 2019 10:31PM
It's a ganache that is whipped until it is light and fluffy, it is then used to frost cakes etc. If you wanted it for truffles I think you'd need to cool it before shaping/dipping the truffles. [bakingamoment.com]
October 21, 2019 10:38PM
Thanks for this. It did help with what was wanted. Need to play a bit more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.